Wednesday 10 July 2013

Brit Pack Beaders - Challenge three

March! March! I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog. There is a saying 'if you want something done then ask a busy person' well who ever came up with that one was crackers, on behalf of all busy people can I just say...it's not true! ;)

Considering that it's been so long I'm very glad that I have a great topic to blog about :).....it's that time again, BPB challenge time! This time the challenge was set by Teresa (Bo) Hulley who has picked a painting with gorgeously rich colours as our inspiration.

For any new readers/followers here's a quick recap of the BPB challenge explained by our esteemed leader Lesey Watt - The Brit Pack Beaders

 

Lets crack on then...so here is Bo's theme for our 3rd challenge....Mariana by Dante Gabrielle Rosetti

 

The painting was inspired by the opening of Act IV of Shakespeare's Measure for Measure and has the inscription 'Take, O take, those lips away' inscribed on the frame. The painting features Jane Morris - wife of William, the Page Boy was modelled by Willie Graham whose father commissioned the picture.

Teresa herself best describes why she choose this painting "I first saw it at Aberdeen Art Gallery many years ago, probably before I had heard of the Rossetti family and their links to William Morris. I remember the richness, colour and texture of the dress vividly - I really wanted to reach out and touch it. I am fascinated by the links between two incredibly talented families and am also a huge admirer of the life and works of William Morris."

The beautiful blues and burnt orange are what jumped out at me so for my focal bead I commissioned Pippa Chandler to make us a hopefully polymer clay piece.....


...and here are the beautiful contributions from my fellow BPB's

From Bo....


From Lesley...

From Rebecca....

 From Jo....

So this is what we have to play with.....


Now we all have to pop off and make something delicious with our beads (I've already started). Our challenge reveal is set for the July 31st. I hope you will come back to see what we have created... in the mean time enjoy the sun!

Links to all the BPBs.....


No comments:

Post a Comment